Grants and Bursaries.
The Society for the Study of French History offers a range of grants and bursaries for postgraduate students in the UK, undertaking research in any aspect of French history:
• Research Grants: each worth £750, to enable to enable postgraduate students registered at a UK or Irish university working on subjects related directly to French history to undertake research trips abroad.
• Conference Bursaries: worth up to £300 each, to help fund travel to any conference, except the Society's own (for which a discount is already offered to postgraduates). [Case Study, read a report concerning a successful conference application.]
• Conference Grants: The Society for the Study of French History is also willing to entertain requests for funding assistance for whole conferences, organised by postgraduates or academics in British or Irish universities, on a subject concerning wholly or partly the history of France.
• Postgraduate Conference Panels: The Society welcomes proposals for the sponsorship of postgraduate panels, on any theme in French history, at overseas conferences (whether annual or one-off events). In support of such a panel, the Society is willing to contribute up to £2000 to cover the travel expenses of the participants.
• The Ralph Gibson Bursary: The Society offers an annual bursary of £2000 to a fourth year PhD student, to facilitate the completion of a PhD thesis in French history.
• Visiting Scholars: The Society is willing to consider providing up to £2000 per year to support visits by foreign scholars of French history to UK or Irish institutions, on the condition that the proposed host university is committed to underwrite essential costs. Enquiries about this scheme should be addressed to the Secretary of the Society.
For further details on these awards, how to apply, and the conditions attached, click on the relevant term above.
|Follow SSFH on Twitter SSFH Facebook © 2012 The Society for the Study of French History. All Rights Reserved.|